Position name: Knowledge Management Officer, BDEV3
Position N°: 50102222/ 50102223
Book date: 02-Jul-2020
Closing date: 01-Aug-2020
Duty place: Abidjan, Cote d’Ivoire
THE FINANCIAL INSTITUTION:
Organization, advertising economic development and social progress throughout the continent. You can find 81 member states, including 54 in Africa (Regional Member nations). The Bank’s development agenda is delivering the economic and tech support team for transformative tasks that may dramatically reduce poverty through comprehensive and sustainable financial growth. So that you can sharply concentrate the goals associated with the Ten Year Strategy (2013 – 2022) and make sure greater developmental effect, five major areas (High 5s), tending to speed up our distribution for Africa, have already been identified for scaling up, particularly illuminate and Power Africa; Feed Africa; Industrialize Africa; Integrate Africa; and enhance the well being for the individuals of Africa.
The Board of Directors provides oversight and direction that is strategic the African developing Bank Group. It’s made up of Executive Directors that are representatives associated with African developing Bank user nations. Especially the Board is in charge of the conduct of this basic operations regarding the Bank, and carries down the next functions: (1) determine the overall framework regarding the Bank’s solutions; (2) accept the financing policy and just take decisions concerning loans, guarantees, equity assets and investment loans because of the lender; (3) determine the attention prices of loans and guarantee commissions; (4) approve the Bank’s operations program and budget that is administrative (5) prepare the task for the Board of Governors; and (6) submit reports and yearly reports, along with the administrative spending plans when it comes to approval associated with the Board of Governors. The Board does its function with a few permanent Committees that review and reveal policy and system documents and work out appropriate guidelines towards the entire Board. The Independent Development Evaluation (BDEV); Compliance Review and Mediation device (BCRM); Secretariat towards the Sanctions Appeals Board (BSAB); Administrative Tribunal (BATR) are accountable to the Board.
THE HIRING DEPARTMENT:
The overarching objective for the African Development Bank’s Independent developing Evaluation (BDEV) will be boost the development effectiveness associated with the Bank with its local user nations through separate and influential evaluations, oversight over self-evaluation procedures and services and products, and engagement that is proactive assessment partnerships and knowledge-sharing tasks. The core mandate of BDEV would be to conduct separate assessment studies, offer appropriate classes, develop and harmonize requirements and techniques, help assessment capability development as well as partner agencies and attest to your legitimacy of both procedures and also the results of African developing Bank’s self-evaluation tasks. BDEV additionally collaborates and exchanges information with bilateral and multilateral development agencies’ evaluation departments, and undertakes joint evaluation of co-financed tasks and programs.
BDEV has three divisions; BDEV1, BDEV2 and BDEV3. BDEV1 and BDEV2 divisions give attention to undertaking evaluations. BDEV3, the data Management, Outreach, and ability developing Division, is in charge of knowledge management, dissemination and outreach tasks around IDEV evaluations, as well as for giving support to the growth of assessment capabilities in both the financial institution as well as in its Regional Member nations.
The primary goal associated with Knowledge Management Officer position is always to offer support to assessment groups in fostering engagement with stakeholders through the entire assessment procedure, as well as on retrieving, compiling and presenting evaluative knowledge in methods which can be helpful for fulfilling different knowledge requirements.
Duties and duties
Underneath the guidance and supervision regarding the Division Manager BDEV3 the Evaluation Officer will:
- Work closely because of the Principal Knowledge Management Officer, Senior Knowledge Management Officer and evaluation teams in the utilization of IDEV stakeholder engagement methods;
- Work closely with assessment task supervisors and groups through the assessment procedure to aid the retrieval, compilation and sharing of real information in manners which are tuned in to consumers’ needs;
- Identify appropriate types of evaluation knowledge along with other extract and information, compile, analyse and provide this to be used when you look at the planning of assessment reports, presentations, as well as other knowledge and interaction items;
- Help assessment, knowledge dissemination and management tasks (such as for instance conferences, missions, activities) carried out by professional staff and/or professionals and participates within these tasks as needed;
- Identify and contact interior and sources which can be outside other stakeholders to look for required information;
- Consolidate, categorize and continue maintaining back ground information and documents on appropriate dilemmas, developing related databases and information systems and upgrading them correctly;
- Make certain that a precise audit path is maintained of most stakeholder engagement and therefore all connections and tasks are recorded in a stakeholder database;
- Perform other duties as may arise.
- Holds at the very least a Master’s level (or comparable) in Communications, pr, advertising, Social Sciences, Policy research, or associated field.
- No less than four (4) years’ experience working in development companies.
- Comprehension of assessment procedures
- Capacity to recover, package and present information according to your requirements associated with the client/audience
- Capability to communicate efficiently orally plus in writing
- Experience or knowledge involved in knowledge management or interaction
- Expertise in participatory approaches and stakeholder engagement
- Knowledge about outreach activities.
- Strong customer orientation.
- Focus on information.
- Demonstrable power to work collaboratively as a specialist, strong group player with a respect for other people as well as the ethical needs associated with work.
- Capability to communicate effortlessly (written and dental) in English or French, ideally by having a knowledge that is working of other. Proficiency in both English and French could be desirable.
- Competence within the usage of standard Microsoft Office Suite applications (Word, succeed, Access and Power aim); familiarity with integrated document management system and/or online interaction stations can be an advantage that is added.